Daci turned 8 months on the 21st. I can't believe how time flies! She has been so much fun this month and its hard to believe, but she gets cuter and cuter every day! Some new things about Daci:
1. She stands up to everything! She has taken a few spills but they aren't too bad and she is learning how to get down easier with each new fall :)
2. The other day I went in to get Daci from her crib and she was standing up to the side of it. She had white flaky stuff all over her face and I couldn't figure out what it was, then I looked to the back side of the crib railing and she had gnawed her railing! The white stuff was paint flakes on her face. What a goober!
3. She is never happier than she is when she is on her daddy's shoulders. She absolutely loves to be up high. She either puts her hands in his hair and pulls as hard as she can or, my favorite, she holds on to each ear and wiggles them. So funny!
4. She loves to be outside...as you can see in these pictures. She is very interested in the fall leaves right now.
5. Daci now has two teeth, she got her second one on October 10th.
6. She has the most adorable new trick...she waves at everyone!
7. Her three favorite things are kitties, her pumpkin, and the "big buck" hanging in Grandpa Pedersen's house. Whenever she sees these three things she goes "oh! oh!"
8. She still says "mama" and "mom" but no sign of "dada" yet :) Don't worry, she still loves him as much as me :)
9. She has developed a bit of stranger anxiety. It was cute for the first two days but then it got annoying :) If you want to be her friend, however, either wear a necklace or have strings from a hoodie hanging down and she will love you for life as she slobbers all over your front :)
10. We love our little booger and can't believe how fast she is growing up!
She puts absolutely EVERYTHING in her mouth!
She loves to be outside...can you tell?
Mom and her cute little booger :)
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Daci got her first cold this week. It has been so sad to watch her nose drip like a faucet! Wednesday was the first day she was sick but it was just a runny nose (these pics were taken on that day) and that night was definitely the worst. She went to bed with a slightly stuffy nose and woke up a half an hour later with a fever, scared to death and gasping for air! She screamed and screamed for about an hour, which only made things much worse. It was so sad! Rick immediately went to get Tylenol and a humidifier and they did wonders. She is still sick but surprisingly happy. I hope it is over soon!