Friday, April 3, 2009

Motherhood


Today I woke up to Daci crying. I fed her, changed her diaper, played with her for an hour, put her in her crib for her nap, and sang her to sleep. Now, while she is sleeping, I am picking up the house and making cookies. I just realized that everything I do now revolves around my sweet little girl. Wow, how my life has changed. I can't believe I am a mother! It is the most amazing (and exhausting) thing in the whole world. When she is awake all I do is stare at her beautiful face and when she is asleep I don't get much done because all I do is stare at the sweet, and sometimes hilarious, faces that she pulls in her sleep. When she is down and I am working around the house I find that all I think about is her and the cute things she did that day. Tomorrow she will be six weeks old, she is supposed to start smiling any day now and I can't wait for when she looks at me and smiles! I LOVE being a mom and am so grateful for the opportunity to care for such a sweet baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Koribug, I am so proud of you and the great mom you are. It is amazing to me that my baby has a baby of her own. If you ever need a break, you know where to find me! I love holding my little Daci. -Mom

Jared and Patricia said...

Kori,
I couldn't be happier for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it made me look over at Brodey, sleeping in his bed, and smile. I need to see Daci soon. I can't stand it any more...let's get together this month!