Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It Happened!!!



So, I promise that I am not a mother who wishes that her kids would just sit in front of the tv all day long. However, I am a mother who wishes that she could clean her house, or get some office work done for just like 30 minutes a day without having her child climb all over her. I have tried before to get her to watch something on tv so that I can get something done but, YEAH RIGHT! So didn't work. She just wasn't interested. Well, we don't have cable here and let me just tell ya....I am exhausted entertaining my little munchkin 24/7. I got a library card and we went there last week. You can check out DVD's so I thought I might try to rent a few and see if she liked any of them. Well she is a BIG fan of Tigger...she got a stuffed Tigger for Christmas and just L.O.V.E.S. him so I thought I would get "The Tigger Movie". After three days of watching bits and pieces with her here and there she finally watched a full 30 minutes straight on her own! HEAVEN! Guess what I did...I swept and mopped my whole kitchen floor! So nice! I know this might seem like an extremely odd post but I was so excited that I just HAD to share :) Plus, isn't she just the cutest all snuggled up on the couch with her Tigger, Minnie, and blankie? Oh and lets not forget her eye mask that she just has to have on the top of her head all day long :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

O. M. Goodness! This is so cute I can hardly stand it. The eye mask is the kicker. I might have made it through this post without crying if she hadn't been wearing her silly eye mask. That put me over the edge. I miss you guys so much!

Kade and Kaylee said...

I love the eye mask! It cracks me up! I need to buy Kade one of those cuz he freaks out if there is ANY light at all when he is trying to sleep! Even if there is a small light on the DVD player he can't stand it. That's exciting for you though! Next time do something a little more exciting than mopping your floors though :) haha!

Kelli Haub said...

HEAVEN! PURE HEAVEN! Tell Daci to come teach Husky 'D' a thing or two.

tiff and chris johnson said...

haha so funny!!! And SO TRUE!!! The minute ellie took interest in "Happy Feet" it's been a smash hit at our house and it's rather delightful feeling like you can actually clean house! Although now she's so obsessed with it i'm feeling like bad mommy having it on in the background all the time! where's the balance!?!?! silly babies.

Jessica said...

I think all mom's have to use TV at some point...Diego gets me a shower every day.