Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This is the Life


Daci has been sick the last few days. Although many would argue that being sick is absolutely miserable, I would argue that being a baby and sick is not too shabby. She has spent the last three days watching Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and The Tigger Movie (notice she can't even peel her eyes from the tv to look at me when I am standing right in front of her). She sits on her throne and demands many, many things of me. "Cracker!", "Ja-Juice!" (orange juice), "bear!", "tigger!", "baby!", "bunny!". Eventually, the whole house is piled up next to her. And then, when she has snot all over her face she yells, "booger!" and I come by and wipe it from her face. Wow, wouldn't it be nice to be waited on hand and foot, have everything you want brought to you, and have someone wipe your own boogers? Ah....this is the life.

In all seriousness though, I hate it when my doodle bug is sick. It breaks my heart. I hate that she coughs her head off, I hate that she has a fever, I hate that there are boogers all over me, my house, and my baby. Thank heavens there was some improvement in her "condition" today. Hopefully tomorrow I can go back to making her get her own things....we don't want her to think she is a princess, do we? Love you, Daci-bug!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to be sick at your house!

Chelsea said...

I am sorry for Daci! I hope she's better soon! But man you're a sweet mama! She's a lucky girl!

Val Murphy said...

I'd have to agree...I hate knowing Max isn't feeling well but at the same time, it is nice having a few days every couple months where he has a little less energy :)

Liz Smith said...

awww....hope she feels better soon! she looks so cute with all her stuffed animals around her.

Todd Family said...

i have a picture almost exactly like that of me! :) I have all my stuffed animals lined up and i am reading to them...although the book is upside down. :) hope she feels better soon!

Kelli Haub said...

Too funny. Maybe there is an upside to the fact that my child doesn't talk yet. He can't tell me to get stuff for him even if he wants to. :)