Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finally Catching Up

We have been so busy lately!  Like I said in my previous post, I have had the itch to get my main floor finally renovated and oh boy have we gotten a lot done!  I feel like we have a whole new house!!!  I painted the whole first floor, we replaced all the light fixtures, we replaced all of our brown/orange baseboards and doors with thick white baseboards and beautiful two panel doors (and yes, I had to paint a double coat on each baseboard and door individually!), and I am still working on my baby: the stair banister.  I will have pictures soon but I want the banister to be done before I take pics. Bear with me!

Update on my adventurous Daci-doodle:  If you read my last post, you saw that I was a little discouraged with the whole parenting thing.  I am happy to say that that hard time only lasted a week!  We nipped the smearing the poop in the bud and I am glad to report that she hasn't done that since the day of my last post.  Not only has she quit that behavior but she also turned into a sweet little angel again (not that she wasn't my sweet angel for that week, but she was a little bit of a pill!)  I don't know what it was about that week but it ended and I have my easy, sweet little girl back :)  So glad!

Along with my house renovations, we also had Rick's sister and her husband move in so we have been spending some time with them. Its been a lot of fun to have family close by again!

Our favorite Pizza here in Naperville is Lou Malnati's!  It is INCREDIBLE deep dish pizza!  One night we got together with Carly and Micah to watch some March Madness and ordered us some Lou's.
This is my cute niece, Eleni.  Isn't she adorable!?

Here's Daci with her pizza, she is pretty adorable too, right?!

They even have a Gluten Free option at Lou's!!!!  They are famous for their sausage. There is a pizza you can order that has a huge sausage patty on the top of the pizza!  Their gluten free option uses the sausage patty as the crust.  Can I just say that this is one of my most favorite thing about living here?!  I LOVE that I can finally have pizza.  And not just any pizza, but incredible deep dish chicago pizza!  Pure Heaven!

Rick enjoying his Lou Malnati's pizza.

Daci and Rick have been having so much fun lately!  When Rick gets home at night he plays with her and wears her out, just in time for bedtime!  Rick has always enjoyed playing "rougher" with Daci.  Even when she was little he would throw her in the air and swing her around.  She liked it but was really nervous about it.  Just recently she fell in love with it!  Its like she has no fear.  Rick just throws her in the air and flips her upside down and all this crazy fun and adventurous stuff and Daci just loves it! 

Gotta love that hair!



Isn't that the happiest face you have ever seen?

Another favorite of ours  here in Naperville is Oberweis Ice Cream.  Seriously, pure nectar.  I am not even an ice cream fan.  I like frozen yogurt much better but one bite of this stuff and you will just die.  On Saturday night during the Priesthood session I decided to take Daci to Oberweis to begin our tradition of girl's night while the boys are away.  She was so excited!  She loves Oberweis ice cream too.



So excited!




Yum!

I actually really hate this picture of me.  With all the home renovating and painting I was quite the scary sight for about four weeks.  I really was a mess, if you look closely you can see paint in my hair.  The ONLY reason I am putting this up is to document our special girls night together.

I got the ultimate kids fantasy (ok, kinda mine too :P) We got a scoop of birthday cake and a scoop of cotton candy.  Ummmmm....so much sugar!  Good thing I only give her that much sugar on special occasions :)

On Sunday we went to watch General Conference at Carly and Micah's house (we still don't have a working TV :( )  Daci has become quite the independent and determined child and she likes to dress herself.  I really didn't want to deal with a tantrum so I let her wear the snow suit that she just had to put on.  Don't mind her nasty mullet!  Her hair has been getting really long in the back but hasn't been growing at all on top. If I put it in piggy tails or curl it in ringlets with the curling iron you can't tell but if we have a laid back day you can definitely tell.  I finally broke down and cut it this week.  She's got a shorter, but much more current hair style again :)


Our friend in the ward (Thanks, Ashley!) let us borrow The Little Mermaid.  With me painting and working all day I have to find things for Daci to do that will keep her out of the danger zones.  She was sick of her current movies and Ashley offered to let us use her Little Mermaid DVD.  Daci LOVES it!  One night Daci was carrying around a fork from her toy dishes.  She had bent down one of the prongs and I immediately thought, "There is no way!"  I asked her, "Daci, what is that?"  She said, "A dinglehopper!" and then she started brushing her hair with it!  She had bent down her fork just like Ariel's fork and had already picked up on the name of it and what she uses it for.....after one time of seeing the movie!  I guess kids really do pick up on, and imitate what they see on TV!  Good thing that is an amazing movie and one of my all time favs!




Well thats about all for the Roberts clan.  I am really excited to post pictures of our house!  Hopefully that will come soon.  We have company this week so I haven't been able to work on my banister but hopefully next week I can finish it.  I hope everyone has a great week!  Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Liz Smith said...

i cannot wait to see pics of your house but especially your banister!!!! i am already thinking of what i'm going to do to mine. You have definitely inspired me. I told Jared that you were doing it and that it was totally possible and he fired back with, "well if kori's doing it, then YOU can do it." haha. we'll see. ;)

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

Wow you have been busy! Painting takes forever! I cant wait to see pics! Daci is so cute, capri has a mullet right now and I dont know what to do with it either haha! I love that Chicago has so many gluten free options for you! thats so awesome!

Megan Marie said...

she is soo cute! her hair in those photos is a crack up! ohh i think she looks so much like dawson when he was littler? such a cutie!!

Jami West said...

Oh my goodness!! My mouth is drooling from pictures of the pizza, the hair pictures of Daci are out of this world funny and cute!!! And I always love your mommy daughter pictures. You're both such beautiful girls!

Jessica said...

those pictures of Daci flying are awesome. What a good dad Rick is.