Friday, March 15, 2013

Tube Surgery for the babies

On Jan 21 the babies had their much awaited and anticipated tube surgery! We had to be to the surgical center at 6am and then their surgery was at 7:30am. I was pretty nervous for it.  I know its a super simple and super fast procedure, but I still remember what Daci was like when she was coming out of the anesthesia for her tube procedure and I didn't want to have to see that again!

The surgical center was so sweet to my babies and they took really good care of us.  They gave them little pint sized gowns (which were still really big on their teeny little bodies), little stuffed animals, and a room full of toys all to themselves.  They had fun playing around before the surgery.  Then the nurses came in and whisked them away.  Street went first and we knew he was done before the dr even came to get us.  We heard his very distinct loud and shrill scream come from down the hall and then the dr came in and said, "I assume you know that he is done?" Hahaha!  Then they started on Liv.  We sat with Street while Liv had her procedure done.  Street was SO upset.  He was more heartbroken than mad.  He just cried and cried and put his hands over his eyes.  He was still really groggy and his head kept lolling from side to side.  Then Liv was done and they brought her in.  Boy was she mad at us! She was screaming so hard and you could just see in her eyes that she was ticked that we did that to her.  It broke my heart to see both babies like that!  

After about 20 minutes of them screaming bloody murder we knew we just wanted to get out of there.  The nurses kept saying that we could go whenever we wanted but that we might want to wait until they calmed down.  Ha!  We knew our babies, as long as we were in there, they were not going to calm down.  Daci was the same way after hers.  As soon as we left the building, they were immediately calm.  They went home and took a nap and were a little fussy that day, but then were back to normal the day after (except for when we had to put their ear drops in...they really hated that!)

Ever since their surgery they have been sleeping through the night and haven't had any ear infections! KNOCK ON WOOD! We are so glad they had the procedure done, I only wish we would have done it earlier so they didn't have to go through those awful ear infections!

Playing in their room before the surgery
I just loved their little gowns!

After the procedure....
Street was truly heartbroken :(

Poor little guy!

Liv was ticked off and really groggy


Karen Pedersen said...

The did look stinkin' cute in their little hospital gowns. It breaks my heart to watch babies coming out of anesthesia. You guys even had a hard time after your wisdom teeth and you weren't even babies! :)

Melissa McCoy said...

I have been so out of the blogging world lately, it's nice to check out your blog and catch glad the surgery's went well!

Liz Smith said...

SO SAD! but glad they finally got it done. Poor babies. :( :( :(