Monday, December 22, 2008

ROME!

The Colosseum!!


The inside of the Colosseum


The amazing Trevi Fountain


St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican

A view of the Vatican, this is where the Pope comes out once a week and addresses his people.


Okay so this day was AMAZING! We docked in Rome at 7 am and didn't leave until 7 pm. It was a full day of walking around and me and my pregnant body was EXHAUSTED by the end of the day! We had a blast though and saw so many incredible things that you have only read and heard about. It was so exciting to actually see the history I had learned about my whole life! We started out at the Colosseum , then we headed over to the Trevi Fountain, saw many exciting things like the Spanish Steps and then headed to the Vatican. The Vatican was absolutely AMAZING, my very favorite part of the whole day was the Sistine Chapel. This was so beautiful and I just cannot believe that a mortal man made this awesome creation, Michelangelo was truly a gifted and talented man!

No comments: