Friday, December 23, 2011

Sugar Cookies

In my family we frost sugar cookies on Christmas Eve and leave them out for Santa.  I am really excited to carry that tradition with Daci.  We made a morning out of making sugar cookies together and had so much fun! There were lots of things that she loved about it:

She loved helping me count each cup or teaspoon as they went in the bowl
She loved hamming it up for Daddy when he was taking pictures

She loved turning on the beater

She loved to hold it with me as we beat the ingredients

Of course she loves to eat the beaters once its all mixed together


She LOVED picking out which cookie cutter we would do next

And she loved being able to cut them out 


Daci loves to bake but she especially loved baking sugar cookies.  She loved watching me sprinkle the counter with flour and rolling the dough out with the rolling pin.  After watching me a few times she had the steps down and when I turned my back for just a second she took over :)



We had a lot of fun together.  It also tested my patience a little bit :)  She is so independent and after she figured out how to do it she wouldn't let me help anymore.  I guess I'm a little bit of a perfectionist (or so Rick says) so he thought it was hilarious watching me squirm while she would do things not quite the right way :)

5 comments:

Lonnie and Lindsay Fox said...

I'm with you. I'm to the point where I hate making them because my boys are covered in flour by the end. It's a huge mess. But they love it.

Jenna said...

Daci is such a cutie! And I totally get the squirming perfectionist side, I'm the same way! :)

Anonymous said...

I love sugar cookies!! They are an essential part of Christmas for me :D

The Baldwin's said...

So cute! I love how she's such a little poser for the camera! You look so great Korinne! Thanks for always commenting on both my blogs, it really means so much! Merry Christmas! xoxo

Unknown said...

I wish you could send me some of those gluten free cookies so I didn't have to make them today. I finished the regular ones yesterday and am just dreading doing a gf batch today. How's that for grinchy? I love the photo of Daci with the star cookie cutter. Do you realize if those twins wait until their scheduled induction to come, you only have less than 3 weeks? Of course you do. Silly question.