Friday, August 19, 2011

16 Weeks and Doing Great!


I'm 16 weeks and I had a great doctors appointment today!  Everything is looking really good and I am so grateful that my babies are healthy so far.  Since I am in my second trimester now, there is something called heart block that the babies are at risk for because of my Lupus.  Because of this, I have an ultrasound every week and they check the heart rates and make sure everything is okay there. Todays appointment went great and my doctor said their heart rates are completely normal.  The ultrasound tech was laughing when she was doing it though because they were both so active, they wouldn't sit still long enough to get an accurate reading.  It took a while but she finally got it.




I had my in depth Level 1 Ultrasound when I got back from Utah at 13 weeks, 5 days.  Here is an excerpt from my journal because I am too lazy to re-write the story :)


"They did an in depth Level 1 ultrasound today and everything is looking wonderful!  The heart rates are good and so are all the organs.  I asked the ultrasound tech (who wasn’t very friendly, by the way) if she could tell what they are yet? She said quite rudely, “No, its way too early”.  She spent about 20 minutes taking pictures and checking out every little thing and then my Dr. came in.  It was the first time I had seen Dr. Moran since I met with her for a consult before we even got pregnant.  She was so excited to find out I was having twins and was just so much fun to talk to!  She started doing her own ultrasound and she said, “Are you going to find out what you are having?” I said, “Oh yes! I’m dying already.  I wish we could tell now what they are!”  She said, “Well, I am pretty sure I know what they are if you want me to tell you!”  I was like, “Of course!”  She said she thinks Baby A (the one closest to the cervix) is a girl and Baby B is a boy!  I asked her how positive she was and she said, “Well, I’ll put it this way, I can’t always tell this early what they are, but when I can tell, I have only ever been wrong once.”  I was so excited!  I was hoping for a boy and a girl all along.  

I went home that day and Carly and I made a two layer cake and dyed one layer pink and one layer blue.  We frosted it a pretty green color and covered it in sprinkles in the shape of a question mark.  We were gong to skype with our families when Rick got home from work and have him cut open the cake to see what we were going to have. 



"I didn’t want to tell Rick that I had found out, I wanted the whole thing to be a surprise so I just had to wait til he got home.  He was supposed to be home at 630pm that night but unfortunately he got caught up and didn’t get home til around 830pm!  We were all dying and anxiously waiting til he got there!  It was so fun to see him walk in the door and see the cake.  He looked at me and said, “No way. No way you know already!” We got everyone on skype and he cut in to the cake.  I strategically placed the pink layer on top because I wanted him to be nervous if there was a blue layer too (he wants a boy SOOOOO bad!).  After the first cut he let out a goofy “AH!” just to tease everyone on skype because they couldn’t see it.  On the second cut he yelled out a real, “YEAH!”  He finally saw the blue (he told me he only saw pink on the first cut and got nervous)!  He was so excited and so am I!  I hope her prediction comes true.  I think it would kill Rick if she was wrong and there isn’t a boy.  Poor guy :)"



Well, I had my ultrasound today and both the ultrasound tech and the doctor confirmed that Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy!  We are SO excited!

Baby A from straight on.  You can see Baby B right above her.  She is facing head down and her little brother is laying side ways across me.


Our little boy sucking his thumb.  Awww!

10 comments:

Lonnie and Lindsay Fox said...

So exciting and so nice you only have to buy one set of new clothes!! Congrats I'm so glad everything is still going well. Your in our prayers daily and when I make it to the temple which is not often lately I put you on the prayer roll. Btw if you think your big you should see me

Unknown said...

Soooooo exciting! I'm so glad you've made the 'official' announcement so I can tell everyone new too! I'm so glad that all 3 of you are healthy and strong and that things are going so well so far.

Liz Smith said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! boy/girl twins...i mean, it really doesn't get any better than that. Congratulations!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

1. YAY for Daci potty training thats so awesome!! 2. You look amazing! You are tiny and I love your baby(s) bump!! 3. I am jealous! If i ever have twins I want a boy and a girl so bad!! thats so cool congrats! 4. Im so glad you guys are healthy and everything is going good and 5. you are so cute, you always do the cutest surprises for rick!

Sarah said...

That is so awesome Korrine! I think I know which tech you are talking about. I had her a couple of times. Hey, have you met the ultrasound tech named April yet? She is super nice and was my favorite. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait for you to have your babies!!!

Emily said...

so dang exciting!!! i'm SO happy and excited for you guys, and I'm SO glad to hear things are looking good so far! and you look fabulous :) i know you probably feel huge, but you look great!

Megan Marie said...

oh my goodness a boy and a girl! that's awesome! if i ever have twins thats what i would hope for! congrats. cute cake! and way to go Daci!

Val Murphy said...

So fun!! Glad everyone is healthy and doing well! Can't wait to hear your name ideas :)

Todd Family said...

eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!! so so so so excited for you guys!! that is so awesome! i still can't believe you are having twins! you look absolutely beautiful!!! congrats again!! do you have any names yet?

Kelli Haub said...

Holy smokes I'm so excited for you! I can't wait!